Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Kakutougi Forums > Fight Discussion > Kickboxing & Muay Thai > Eh Phuthong (Cambodia's Best) X Rafi (Spain's Best)

Old 21st April 2005, 09:24 PM   #1
Kobayashi

Default Eh Phuthong (Cambodia's Best) X Rafi (Spain's Best)

There were quite a few threads on Eh Phuthong a while back but we couldn't get any footage of the guy so I ripped this and I'm convinced, this guy really deserves a shot at MAX.

Strengths:
-Elbows: Perhaps this is why he can't get a shot at MAX? The Cambodian style seems to be very big on elbows, apparently he sliced Jean Charles Skarbowsky open 3 times with his machete-elbows for 3 first round finishes or something like that? I can't quite remember what Staves posted, but it was impressive. Unfortunately, he doesn't use his elbows in this match posted, but he does raise his elbow at one point and his opponent runs away. Pretty cool.
-Right Middle-Kick: Alright, this guy kicks HARD! Every time, he kicks as hard as he can, he doesn't care if you block it--because if you do, you still get fucked up. I don't think anyone in MAX has a better right middle-kick, although Buakaw's lead leg left middle-kick is certainly better.

Weaknesses:
-Stamina: He only gets paid like $40 a fight or something in Cambodia, so he can't make enough from fighting to support himself and his family, so he does some movies on the side and works full time I think. This results in him only training a few hours a day, so he's not as fit as the others. This really showed when he fought Suriya (the Thai that beat Villaume and Masato as well) and had no problems in round 1, but was very worn out in round 2 and especially 3.

He'll be next fighting on April 24th in Melbourne, Australia. He was wanting to face John Wayne Parr, but of course JWP's a bit too busy with K-1 MAX around that time. But really, Eh Phuthong would face anyone for a $100.

Enjoy.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...I031O1RV2TOBSZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eh Phuthong.JPG (45.1 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by Kobayashi; 21st April 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Kobayashi is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:52 AM   #2
staves

I hope they get this guy fighing here more often, especially considering a pay check of a grand would be big cash for him, and I imagine he could make a well over that in Xplosion or Evolution events. Thanks for the fight.
staves is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 07:16 AM   #3
Kobayashi

Agreed. You wouldn't find such a high calibre fighter for such a small amount of money. Promoters need to get their hands on this guy.
Old 22nd April 2005, 07:28 AM   #4
( o Y o )
Administrator

Whats his weight? I`d like to see him against Kozo as I love the tension they bring.

BTW, the commentating was bloody priceless! LOL
( o Y o ) is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 07:31 AM   #5
Kobayashi

He's MAX weight. That tournament was an S-1 tournament. Villaume won two fights by KO, Phuthong moved on to face Suriya but was gassed in round 2 and 3, Suriya moved on to face Villaume in the finals and slaughtered him! Even his hands were too slick for Villaume! (Suriya's an Olympic boxer, he even outboxed a young Masato). They're all MAX weight.
Old 22nd April 2005, 07:33 AM   #6
( o Y o )
Administrator

I get the feeling I need to get another copy of that dvd ;-)
( o Y o ) is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 07:39 AM   #7
Kobayashi

I highly recommend it =) Can't go wrong with 4 Suriya fights, 3 Villaume fights, 2 Masato fights and 2 Eh Phuthong fights ^_^
Old 22nd April 2005, 08:07 AM   #8
contender

Eh Phutong hasnt had a fight in over a year, i believe. he;s no longer active in boxing, and is an actor now.

his last fight was at phnom phen stadium, vs Timor Daal of Australia, and he was getting beat so bad, the gamblers started a riot and the fight was delared a no contest? i dont know what it was declared, but no one was declared a winner, and was a serious situation for all the other foreign fighters who still had to fight.

i think this is all accurate based on what i've heard from everyone that was there, but i wasnt there.
contender is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 08:20 AM   #9
Sudoraba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi
I highly recommend it =) Can't go wrong with 4 Suriya fights, 3 Villaume fights, 2 Masato fights and 2 Eh Phuthong fights ^_^
2 Masato fights?

I'm assuming you mean the combination of the King's Birthday 2000 and King's Birthday 2003 events. Which would have 4 Suriya fights, 3 Villuame, and 2 Eh Phutong fights indeed. But only one Masato fight (against Suriya) from the 2000 KB.

Incidentally the best fight between those two events is hands down the Somluck Kamsing vs Kamel Jamel fight which is probably my favorite Muay Thai fight ever.
Sudoraba is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 10:02 AM   #10
Kobayashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by contender
Eh Phutong hasnt had a fight in over a year, i believe. he;s no longer active in boxing, and is an actor now.

his last fight was at phnom phen stadium, vs Timor Daal of Australia, and he was getting beat so bad, the gamblers started a riot and the fight was delared a no contest? i dont know what it was declared, but no one was declared a winner, and was a serious situation for all the other foreign fighters who still had to fight.

i think this is all accurate based on what i've heard from everyone that was there, but i wasnt there.
Yep, I heard about that too. Due to the extremely poor amount of money he was making from fighting, he basically quit training for acting, thus his poor performance in that fight. However, he's fighting on Sunday and it'll be interesting to see if he has trained for this one--he'll be getting paid a lot more for this one, not a lot overall, but more than he usually gets. I think as soon as he realises he can make money from fighting, he'll come back to it. Otherwise it's a sad waste of potential =(
Old 22nd April 2005, 10:06 AM   #11
Kobayashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoraba
2 Masato fights?

I'm assuming you mean the combination of the King's Birthday 2000 and King's Birthday 2003 events. Which would have 4 Suriya fights, 3 Villuame, and 2 Eh Phutong fights indeed. But only one Masato fight (against Suriya) from the 2000 KB.

Incidentally the best fight between those two events is hands down the Somluck Kamsing vs Kamel Jamel fight which is probably my favorite Muay Thai fight ever.
To my surprise, on this DVD, they included Masato's very first fight in Thailand! This was his first fight of 2000 and he's very young in it, but damn did he fight perfectly... he was way too fast for Kongnapa and pounded him with kicks and punches and the knockout is one of the best I've ever seen, me and my girlfriend went nuts when we saw that KO for the first time, similar to his KO of Sakkedaw but way more surprising and just as brutal.
Old 22nd April 2005, 11:29 AM   #12
GarouMAX

Kobayashi, what DVD is this?
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:33 PM   #13
Ghodrat

Quote:
To my surprise, on this DVD, they included Masato's very first fight in Thailand! This was his first fight of 2000 and he's very young in it, but damn did he fight perfectly... he was way too fast for Kongnapa and pounded him with kicks and punches and the knockout is one of the best I've ever seen, me and my girlfriend went nuts when we saw that KO for the first time, similar to his KO of Sakkedaw but way more surprising and just as brutal.
It wasn't the same Kongnapa who had been based & fighting in America for several years, was it?
Ghodrat is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:55 PM   #14
Kobayashi

Ghodrat, his name's Kongnapa Looktubpha.

Edit: Can be bought at - http://www.s1worldchampionship.com/vcd/vcd_index.html -

Last edited by Kobayashi; 23rd April 2005 at 12:59 AM.
Old 22nd April 2005, 03:42 PM   #15
Ghodrat

Quote:
Ghodrat, his name's Kongnapa Looktubpha.

GarouMAX, it's the S-1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DVD released by Songchai Ratanasuban (Thailand's #1 Promoter). It's a very rare and very expensive DVD, but it's awesome.
Where can we get it? I think I've seen a DVD on sale which has the two Masato fights in Thailand, but I can't remember where it was. It didn't seem TOO expensive (Not like the Japanese DVD's, which can cost you an arm and a leg).
Old 22nd April 2005, 04:25 PM   #16
killlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghodrat
Where can we get it? I think I've seen a DVD on sale which has the two Masato fights in Thailand, but I can't remember where it was. It didn't seem TOO expensive (Not like the Japanese DVD's, which can cost you an arm and a leg).
http://www.s1worldchampionship.com/vcd/vcd_index.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
killlah is offline   Reply
Old 22nd April 2005, 05:03 PM   #17
Ghodrat

Thanks.

Are the Masato fights shown in full, or are they clipped up?
Old 23rd April 2005, 12:32 AM   #18
Charuto

Might as well make myself useful and REUP
Charuto is offline   Reply
Old 23rd April 2005, 12:47 AM   #19
Kobayashi

They're shown in full, man--'cept the first round of Suriya X Masato which I think wasn't even recorded! They didn't air it in the live version in Thailand either, I don't think. That's a shame, because apparently Masato took a HUGE shin to head high-kick which should've put him in a coma but shook it off after getting rocked heavily by it. Apparently he rocked Suriya with an uppercut too (if you haven't noticed, Masato's main weapon against Thais is the uppercut). So yeah, 6 rounds of Masato =)

Last edited by Kobayashi; 23rd April 2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old 23rd April 2005, 01:08 AM   #20
Cracked_Knuckle

That guy has some serious power. I`d love to see more.
Cracked_Knuckle is offline   Reply