Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Kakutougi Forums > Fight Discussion > Kickboxing & Muay Thai > K-1 World GP FINAL in Zagreb [March 15th, 2013]

Old 18th March 2013, 07:11 PM   #241
bero

Over 900 thousand people in Croatia watched K-1 WGP. That's about 56 % of everyone who watched TV at that time.
http://www.profightstore.hr/novosti/...ata/12712.aspx

Croatia's population is about 4.5 million.
bero is offline   Reply
Old 18th March 2013, 07:16 PM   #242
K1power
Administrator

Over 600.000 people in Holland watched it (a record for kickboxing) and I've read Russia and Asia had good ratings as well, I don't know any numbers for them, though.

Little off-topic, but according to Dutch news Badr will fight in Russia in two months. K-1 has a show planned in Russia with a TBA date.
K1power is offline   Reply
Old 19th March 2013, 04:29 AM   #243
APOLLO

Hari's foot is not broken.... He will fight soon in Russia.
APOLLO is offline   Reply
Old 19th March 2013, 07:13 AM   #244
K1power
Administrator

His foot isn't broken, but he tore some ankle ligaments. A fight in two months knowing that he -again- cannot fully prepare for it is awfully soon though. Wonder who he'll be taking on.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:19 AM   #245
APOLLO

Just gotta point out that the 2 American fighters Randy Blake and Jarrel Miller gave Cro Cop much harder fights [losses argueably] than any of the Europeans. Rank both Americans well ahead of Londt, Morusano, Lascenko, Samedov, Poterak, Slowinski, Geges, or Zuerelav.

USA!
Old 20th March 2013, 05:10 AM   #246
K-1fan18

Agreed!!!
K-1fan18 is offline   Reply
Old 20th March 2013, 11:19 AM   #247
davcol

Best way to do this would be for Miller and Blake to fight these guys then we will know who is better.
Old 20th March 2013, 11:30 AM   #248
K1power
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLO View Post
Just gotta point out that the 2 American fighters Randy Blake and Jarrel Miller gave Cro Cop much harder fights [losses argueably] than any of the Europeans. Rank both Americans well ahead of Londt, Morusano, Lascenko, Samedov, Poterak, Slowinski, Geges, or Zuerelav.

USA!
I'd have to respectfully disagree, Apollo. At least in terms of using Randy Blake in your argument. How is running away for 3 rounds while looking terrified giving Mirko a harder fight than anyone else did? All the other fighters that went against Mirko actually went for the kill. Granted, Randy scored a (flash) knockdown that Mirko had coming to him, but at the end of the day it was a shot that Mirko didn't expect and it still did exactly zero damage. I was actually hugely dissappointed by Randy in that fight, because I had high hopes for him. I'm one of the guys that pitched Blake to Doug Kaplan about a year ago, but his performances in K-1 were dissappointing; let's not forget that he barely made it past an injured Dewey Cooper and more recently he didn't even make it past the first round of the Road to Glory tournament that was created for him to win since it was filled with - with all due respect - unknown, lesser fighters.

Look, I'm not saying Blake has no potential, but his size and his full contact style along with his results over the past year are definitely against him. I'd say putting him above guys like Gerges or any other fighter you've mentioned is blind fanatism. I get that he's your fighter and due to that it's natural for you to have some sort of bias, but come on. Let Randy beat anyone of note, let alone one of the guys you've mentioned before making such a bald statement. I'd love to have more legit American contenders in the mix, but other than Jarrell Miller I've seen none.

Nobody other than fans, friends or family of Randy would agree with your point and there's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but being deluded can be dangerous.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:20 PM   #249
heckyl

Blake is not even close IMO.
Old 23rd March 2013, 04:43 AM   #250
APOLLO

Thats a great arguement sirs, except for the fact that if the Japanese referee hadn't counted a low kick as a knockdown, Randy Blake would have won over Mirko and the "Cro Cop miracle" and probably the entire WGP would never have happened.

Let's see how American Dustin Jacoby does at Glory London tonight against his European opponent.
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:45 AM   #251
K1power
Administrator

But the 'lowkick' resulted in fact in a legit 8-count as Randy was visibly bothered enough by it to the point of grimassing in pain and freezing up. Had that 8-count not happened it might've gone to an extra round, I'll give you that.

And once again - like I said before; I like Randy, but he has to put on some weight and become much more of a mean bastard if he really wants to have any kind of success at heavyweight.

Michael Duut will definitely be a good test for Dustin Jacoby.
Old 23rd March 2013, 09:57 PM   #252
APOLLO

Duut crushed him... 3 knockdowns round 1. All hail the Dutch!

Thank you K1power, I appreciate your insight and opinion, always, and agree with you most of the time.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:44 PM   #253
K1power
Administrator

Yeah, I did not expect Duut to win this decisively. To be fair Jacoby looked a LOT smaller and definitely lacks the frame to be a real heavyweight, something Randy actually DOES have so that helps on the road to become an internationally recognised HW kickboxer.
Old 31st March 2013, 08:36 AM   #254
K1power
Administrator

Croatian judge trying to justify CroCop getting the decision against Miller
http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?o...n&catid=36:k-1
Old 31st March 2013, 10:42 AM   #255
davcol

What a load of rubbish, if it was the other way around and mirko was mauling him then they wouldnt of gave the fight to miller. Because of this injustice i still consider Overeem the last k-1 champ.
Old 31st March 2013, 11:45 AM   #256
K1power
Administrator

Well, I do consider Mirko the latest K-1 champ. Controversial decisions during the K-1 finals have happened before.

Though it should be taken note of that the field simply wasn't as stacked as it used to be.
Old 31st March 2013, 09:54 PM   #257
DW Liverkick

As much as I'd like to run down his win, he did win the two fights after that pretty legitimately, although I'm iffy on the competition.

He did win the WGP in name, at least.
DW Liverkick is offline   Reply