Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Kakutougi Forums > Fight Discussion > Kickboxing & Muay Thai > Abraham Roqueni To Take Part In This Year's K-1 MAX
Old 1st April 2012, 05:20 PM   #1
K1power
Administrator

Default Abraham Roqueni To Take Part In This Year's K-1 MAX

Quote:
K-1 is returning on May 27 in Madrid, Spain at the Palacio Vistalegre so it was expected to have some Spanish fighters on the card. The event is supposed to be a K-1 MAX event and possibly the Final 16 for this year's K-1 MAX.

Abraham Roqueni will be representing Spain on the card and he'll be in the K-1 MAX selection. Nothing has been confirmed by K-1 about the card being the MAX Final 16 but Roqueni's people have said that it is and that he's in it. Roqueni would be the first fighter from Spain to ever make it to the K-1 Final 16.

It doesn't come as a surprise that Roqueni is participating. Simon Rutz of It's Showtime seems to be working very closely with the new K-1 and Roqueni has fought for him before in June of last year. He's also scheduled to fight for It's Showtime in July. Roqueni also isn't managed by It's Showtime so the notion that K-1 would just be all It's Showtime-managed guys is proven a bit wrong, even though there is an obvious connection between Roqueni and Simon Rutz, having fought for It's Showtime before.

Roqueni will be a bit busy a month before K-1 kicks off though. He's fighting Albert Kraus on April 28 in Torrelavega, Spain so he's got his work cut out for him. Others that seem inevitable for K-1 MAX this year are Andy Souwer and Albert Kraus.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?o...catid=36%3Ak-1
K1power is offline   Reply
Old 1st April 2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Kenshin

No messin' around: Get Buakaw, Souwer, Kraus, Petro, Zambo, Sato, Yuya, Drago....
Kenshin is offline   Reply
Old 2nd April 2012, 06:37 AM   #3
K1power
Administrator

Souwer already mentioned appearing on the card. Besides Roqueni is no joke; Souwer lost to him last year.

I doubt we'll see Petrosyan nor Sato as they already signed with Glory, unfortunately.

And Drago? He is under K-1 contract, BUT he lost like 7 fights in a row I think he's finished.

I hope they'll try to get Buakaw, that's the best name to give give MAX some credibility now that Petro is with Glory.
Old 6th April 2012, 04:29 PM   #4
petapetasu

It looks like Yasuhiro Kido will fight in Spain.
Mr. Tanikawa tweeted "Good luck in Spain" to him, which reminds us of K-1 MAX in Madrid.
petapetasu is offline   Reply
Old 6th April 2012, 09:30 PM   #5
EckY

They should grab Yod and Kyshenko.
EckY is offline   Reply
Old 7th April 2012, 11:52 AM   #6
K1power
Administrator

Kido is actually a good fighter, but he is terribly inconsistent. Kind of like a worse version of Sato. I hope he won't be matched with a beast for his first fight in the new K-1.

I agree about Yod and Kyshenko. Kyshenko should be doable, since he is with Mike's Gym.

Also, welcome back petapetasu!