Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Kakutougi Forums > Fight Discussion > Others/Martial Arts > Eating Healthy

Old 18th January 2012, 08:08 PM   #21
heckyl

there is actually a ton of great information in here. its gonna help me out in my goals.
Old 21st February 2012, 07:26 AM   #22
heckyl

its funny. since ive started my workout ive been looking at different diets and nutritional stories and they all conflict each other. each and every one of them. most of them say things that have no value because there is no scientific data behind them. ive been doing very well with a simple plan. be sensible but just eat. get your protein, dont make it junk. burn more calories than you ingest and lose weight. my daily intake has ranged from 600-1000 calories per day and i do a lot of exercising during the day and after work. the shits been melting off.

i mainly will eat chicken, tuna, and sandwiches with either ham, chicken, or turkey which are all 30, 30, and 50 calories a slice with what i buy. so even going two slices youre only looking at 100 calories for the meat. add bread, and stick to mustard which is 0 calories, you got a nice sandwich and not many calories at all.

chicken and fish i bake. swai is a good fish to eat when dieting. i bake with lemon and pepper seasoning, fresh lemon juice, lemon slice, and a bit of olive oil. turns out so good and moist. it is also a low calorie food. and using fresh lemon adds flavor without adding many calories.

i was bored. just thought id post what ive been eating. ive lost a lot of weight in the month n a half ive restarted the diet. 55lbs gone.
Old 21st February 2012, 09:45 AM   #23
K1power
Administrator

That's fantastic! As soon as you're nearing or have reached your desired result you should post some before/after pics, that should be great morale to keep you going and inspire others as well! I'm busy losing a bit of weight myself. I'm around 77 kilos (appr. 170 lbs) now where my ideal weight should be somewhere around 70 kilos (appr. 155 lbs). I'm about 1.77m (or 5' 10"). I don't have a lot of muscle mass otherwise my current weight would be fine, but I'm a bit chubby as it is.

Basically what I'm doing now is work out on my crosstrainer - usually 3 times a week for 40 minutes each burning off some 200+ calories. Diet wise I eat like I normally would, but on weekdays I usually don't eat about 4 hours before I go to sleep. In the weekends I try not to go crazy with the alcohol and fatty foods, but I tend to eat a lot less structured than on weekdays, which slightly fucks up my rhytm, but nothing too bad.

The one thing that gives me trouble and slows down my progress though is that I don't eat breakfast, or rather I'm one of those people that can't. I have trouble eating after I just woke up. That's bad because eating breakfast is actually healthy and you tend to eat less as the day progresses.

I've been saying it for a long time now, but soon I'm gonna attend a kickboxing&mma gym after a long time of inactivity in fightsports so that should definitely do some wonders. I used to be with a regular fitness gym for a long time, but I found out that working at my own pace basically means I do nothing. I need a trainer that yells at me before I actually do something, lol.
K1power is offline   Reply
Old 21st February 2012, 05:59 PM   #24
heckyl

i have the same issue with eating in the morning. i bought a low calorie whey protein shake mix to take care of that. its so much easier to drink a meal than to eat it in the morning and that shit has plenty in it to replace a meal. you get 52g of protein, with like 2 grams of fat, 2g of sugar and 200 calories for a 32oz shake. thats the double serving even. but i have no issue at all drinking those rather than forcing myself to eat. i take a super B complex and multivitamin in the morning so i kinda have to eat something or the vitamins make me feel weird. lol. as for pictures, have plenty of before pics but the after pic is coming later on. i still have like 90lbs i want to lose. im 6'4. i had gotten upto 388 lbs about a full year ago. i did lose about 40 lbs just by stopping sugar intake (doc said i had type2 diabetes) so i was 348 january 7 without having done any kind of consistant workout. jan 7 to now by changing the rest of my eating habits and walking 3-5 miles everyday (all 7 days most weeks, 6 days on some) running/jogging mixed in with that, im down to 293lbs. i havent been sub 300 since i was 16 years old and im 30 now.

forgot to mention ive been doing heavybag training too. got some freddie roach heavybag workout vids and some muay thai instructionals that are great to follow for working out. plus its FUN.

Last edited by heckyl; 21st February 2012 at 06:01 PM.
heckyl is offline   Reply
Old 21st February 2012, 07:18 PM   #25
K1power
Administrator

Going from an 'all time high' 388 lbs to 293 lbs is amazing by itself, but you've still got quite the road ahead of you if your goal is to weigh about 200 lbs, especially since you'll kind of hit a wall down the road which means you'll just have to work that much harder to lose the rest. With this level of motivation and dedication I don't see how you won't reach it, though. Looking forward to the result already!

Makes me feel ashamed my issue being just having to lose ~15lbs, lol. About the heavybag, I'd love to get one if I had the room. One of my friends has one and I always take a turn giving it all I got when I'm visiting. It's great to blow off steam and seeing how I can be a really aggressive fuck sometimes it's a great remedy to calm down. Also it burns a shitload of calories, but you don't really notice how intense of a workout it is since it's just such fun.
K1power is offline   Reply
Old 21st February 2012, 09:11 PM   #26
heckyl

yep im thinking light heavyweight division at this point. haha. not that im going to ever fight but being a fight fan, setting goals im familiar with (weight divisions) helps out. i was originally aiming for 265 to make heavyweight. but shit, im close to that already. had to change the goal. im waiting for the wall to hit. but i have so much excess mass im not sure when ill hit it. the mass is starting to thin out so the wall will be soon. but ive got plans for that too. thats why im doing multiple workouts. keep the muscles confused and on their toes. burn calories using different muscles and exercises every once in awhile. thats why i got the heavybag, and a dumbbell set. i want to be working other muscles and doing other things to burn calories different ways. ive got fat on my arms and in other places too so everything helps.

and youre exactly right about the heavybag. its GREAT for RAGE, which obviously, ive had a ton of lately (random rant thread, lol) but it burns a shitload of calories, works other muscles, allows for different arm and leg motions because you are using strikes and a variety of them, and the fact it is fun and you can picture someones face on that bag being destroyed... throw on a good mixtape and i can work that bag for a long long time.
Old 3rd September 2012, 05:31 AM   #27
machsaku

Dang, nice work heckyl. I wish like hell I'd of been on here in the last year, but I've literally been elbow deep in studying exercise physiology/science. I'm just coming up on finishing my second year and I've got a wealth of information I'd love to share if you're interested. Being that its been 6 months since the last post in this thread, I'd be interested to hear how your diet/workouts went and where you're at now.

Either way, cheers mate!